Friday, March 22, 2013

Furry Chemo Cap

~
I decided to make a chemo hat for a very dear friend of mine, so I went looking for a pattern. I always cringe at the thought of using 4 double-pointed needles for knitting, so I had to find a straight-needle version. It came out really nice. (It's pink, how could it not come out nice!?!) I got the pattern from Lion Brand. There is a straight-needle version and a double-pointed version. I made a large, using one strand of Bernat Softee Baby, and one strand of Lion Brand Fun Fur. I was able to get a whole hat out of just one skein of Fun Fur. I also made a couple of slight alterations - instead of doing stockinette stitch, I just did regular knit. It was very easy to make, and worked up in just one evening. I would highly recommend this pattern for anyone wanting to make a bunch of them. So overall, I am pretty happy with the way it came out! It is SO soft, and I think it will feel good on her head. Next I'm going to be trying one with just two strands of Fun Fur. Have fun with this, and let me know how it works out for you!




Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments always make my day!! I will reply here on the blog, so be sure to check the "Notify Me" box or check back soon! Thank you :)